Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a few pieces of Habitant furniture. At least one has

Customer Question

I have a few pieces of Habitant furniture. At least one has a stamp on it Bay City, Michigan and a few are marked in black with a number and a slash and a number. I am having trouble finding good information about it. Where would I go to find out about this furniture. One piece is a round coffee table and the other is a two piece hutch. The hutch has a bottom piece with two doors and when opened it has two drawers on each side and under the drawers is open space. The top piece just sits on top and has a shelf and three drawers above is and then another shelf above that one. Do these sound familiar too you and where would I go to look up this type of furniture? Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora