Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I bought a porcelain rose vase in beautiful condition. Seller

Customer Question

I bought a porcelain rose vase in beautiful condition. Seller stated it was an antique, but doubt it. Very good quality. Stamp on bottom reads UW 1897. The vase is about 18 inches tall and is pink and white with dozens of roses not painted but 3D. Is this worth any money? I have pictures....
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is approx 16 inches in height and very heavy.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~
Thank you for your patience.
This is a post 1960’s 20th century Chinese reproduction mark and referred to as United Wilson or UW1897.
Technically it is not yet an antique, which by definition is an object 100 years old or older.
Here is a link documenting these marks:
http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/resources/misrepresented-groups/uw1897/index.php
This would sell for an average of $60 and a high of $200 on today’s market.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora