rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am curious the general range of my pocket watch. It was

Customer Question

I am curious the general range of my pocket watch. It was handed down so though I have tried, I cannot provide any providence. The watch is an 1895 Hamilton Watch Company, open face, white face and the steel hands are blue throughout. The back is worn
but there is clearly an eagle carrying a shield. On the inside the case I can read "Guaranteed Twenty Years" which wraps around a crest that says "Philadelphia Watch Case Co" and has a crown in the center. s/n watch: 74150 s/n case:(###) ###-####Any information
you could provide would be very much appreciated! Been trying to get more info on this for years.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Your Hamilton pocket watch is an open face size 16s with 17jewel movement and was made circa 1902. The movement is a grade 974 movement, 3/4 plate adjusted to temperature and 3 positions. They made 329,707 of these movements. The case is a gold filled case (not gold) made by the Philadelphia Watch Case Company. The value is $150.00 to $175.00.