Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I own than 50 years a coffee/chocolate set from Limoges.

Customer Question

I own for more than 50 years a coffee/chocolate set from Limoges. It is white and gold and when I bought it I was told it was a Charles X [and it had all the typical sign of it]
One saucer has been repaired. It is a 12 cups set with creamer, sugar and 2 serving pot, one coffee one chocolate.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please add a photo of any marks on the bottom. This is how I can determine age and specific Limoges maker. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did my best, ***** ***** on the left of the top flag the letters are like "JM"with the leg of the J going far left.
On the right of the flag there are 3 very small drawings, the first one is like the head of a flower, the second one is like a square bush with a small bird on the top left and the third one looks like a pine cone. You will see on the map of France that the "Duche de Savoy"is outlined
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In fact the letters or the flag pole are not just a line but like tiny "doodles"
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I need for you to try again with this bottom photo. The secret is to NOT get close, but back up 2 to 3 feet (I can zoom in).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just sending you the latest. I am sorry, but I have to leave you..there is a thing called cooking dinner which is requiring my full attention now. You have my email address and I repeat it here***@******.*** and I will talk to you tomorrow or later. Sincerely, ***** *****
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I will have to opt-out of this question. I have only seen this mark once before and I have never seen an explanation of who the maker is and I would not want to speculate. A set with your same mark is here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pc-Limoges-France-Coffee-or-Tea-Set-Coffee-Pot-Sugar-Creamer-Cobalt-Gold-/291353565193?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d6069809
I will opt-out and allow another expert to step in at no extra cost to you.