Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a pink perfume bottle powder box combination that seems

Customer Question

I have a pink perfume bottle powder box combination that seems unique to me. The body is a sphere where the top half is a perfume bottle and the bottle half is a powder or pin dish which rests on a metal stand. The stopper on top is a teardrop design. The central sphere of thick pink glass is overlaid with gentle, graceful curves of white glass which resemble feather ferns interspersed with a stem with roundish leaf shapes. The three posts of the metal stand are each sporting three leaves around a rose. The metal stand is 2.5 inches from foot to top of central leaf; the central sphere is 3.5 inches horizonttal diameter; the total piece is 6.12 inches tall. All the glass is pink but displays irridescent rainbows in direct light. It is in four parts: metal stand, powder box, perfume bottle, and teardrop stopper. I am curious about its history and value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a collage of photographs I just took today - July 10 - 2015. I received this item from my husband who died in 2008. I believe he bought it in an antique store in San Francisco's Castro district - between 2000 and 2006. I have searched it several times with a magnifiying glass and can find no marking or signature. It looks Art Neuveau to me. Please tell me it is worth a small fortune! Richard
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images here. At your convenience, please send clear, in focus images of the underside of the perfume and bottom glass piece as well as underside of the metal stand. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are the bottom photographs. it looks like marks so I enhanced the shadows a bit. However my adult daughter just took them outside in the bright sun and say it is only imperfections in the glass itself rather that ny sort of marking. we may be wrong but the imperfections are faint. and if I knew what I was looking at I wouldnot be here - grin. Richard
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the additional images, Richard. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did I lose you or are you finding this item as difficult to evaluate as I did? Richard
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I am still here, you have not lost me.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora