Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Eed a name of an reputable appraiser in Kentucky or Indiana who is kno

Customer Question

Need a name of an reputable appraiser in Kentucky or Indiana who is knowledgeable in swords, daggers and knives. I have a great number of these, many of which are antiques, and need to determine if they are worth anything, and if so, if I donate them to a museum, what a tax deduction might be
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you are still awaiting a response. I do not have any references to militaria and arms experts in Kentucky or Indiana, however I can suggest some dealers and auction houses to contact elsewhere who can look at photos at what you have for you at no fee. I can put that information together for you, or I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts. Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is of no help. I need someone to come and examine these. Taking pictures is not helpful. Please keep,your $5 and do not charge me anymore
Thank you for trying
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
I cannot give you names in Kentucky or Indiana of any certified appraisers who specialize in swords or daggers. I can give you names of three or four across the USA who specifically state they specialize in these.
The field of assessments of swords and daggers is very limited.
You could send these certified appraisers your photos and I am sure they could help you. I can give you their phone numbers if you decide this type of appraisals works for you.
Let me know.
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pictures do not work for me as I have previously stated. Please refund my $29 which was charged on Friday to my credit card.
We appraisers do not work for Just Answer. We have no knowledge of the Just Answer finances.
I can request a refund for you on my side of the question thread but you also should also for also ask for a refund from your "help/support" in your reply box.
I hope you find the answer you are looking for.
Kind regards,
Doris