Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My Father purchased a 7' Oak Grandfather Clock, circa 1730,

Customer Question

My Father purchased a 7' Oak Grandfather Clock, circa 1730, while living in England in the early 1970's. Best we can tell from our Fathers' records, the clock was made in Lancaster, England. It is in excellent condition and keeps time. Any idea's on approximate value if sold to a reputable antique dealer and/or put up at auction?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.I will need to see an overall photo of the clock, a close-up of the face, and a close-up of the clockworks. Please also let me know any marks, stamps, or labels anywhere on the clock, including the clockworks.Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Jennifer. I have pics of the face and an overall, but will need to get a pic of the clockworks for you. I'm unaware of any marks, labels, or stamps, but will look. May not get to it until tomorrow. In the meantime, the face and overall pics are attached. - Wade
Thanks. Could you also get me a close-up of the lower part of the face, or just tell me what is written there? Tomorrow is fine.
Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jennifer,Attached is a pic of the pendulum and another pic of the clockface with the glass door open. Hopefully you can enlarge the pic and see the writing. The large lettering reads, 'ROCHDALE'. Again, we think the clock was made in Lancaster, England circa 1730.-Wade
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jennifer,
Based upon the pics & information provided,
Do you have an idea of approximate value?
So sorry, by the time you got back to me I had left for vacation. However, I am going to log in from the business center later this afternoon so I can get into my databases.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jennifer,Hope you're having a good vacation. Let me know when you're back and hopefully you can give me your opinion about our grandfather clock.Thanks,-Wade