Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I'd like to know if 1794 Thun Haviland fine china Czech republic have any value. I s

Customer Question

I'd like to know if 1794 Thun Haviland fine china Czech republic have any value. I saw that the patent issued in 2000 so its not very old seems like.
I have a 14 plates, soup bowls, cups and saucers in a pattern that has a floral in the center a wide gold uneven gold band with a blue and gold band also.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. The label 1794 refers to the year when the company, Thun Haviland, was formed. In order to provide the value, I would need a picture of one plate to identify the pattern. Could you provide it? THanks
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Since you originally requested me, I would like to help. It was 1:20AM here in Nashville when your question came through. I did not see it until just now.

Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom as well as one of a plate.

You can use the paper clip found in the toolbar in your reply box.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or if you prefer, you can use the free internet photo site imgur.com

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks on the bottom.

If there is a number included, please let me know.

I look forward to seeing your photos.

Kind regards, Doris.