Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Please estimate the value of an engraved print of bredon on

Customer Question

Please estimate the value of an engraved print of bredon on the Avon signed by Alfred Parsons 1913 purchased in 1946 at Hudson bay or Eaton's store in Winnipeg the left corner has Y.G.S. marked on it. It is in excellent condition and in the original frame
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
Please tell me the dimensions of your piece.
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The outside edge of the frame is 42" by 32" the picture size showing under the mount is 35" by 24. A snapshot of a website is attached. There is also stamped on the back "402585" and "PATENT PEND".
Alfred William Parsons (1847-1920)
"Born and deceased in England, Alfred Parsons lived for many years in the United States. Exhibition venues included the Boston Art Club, the National Academy of Design and the Pennsylvania Academy.
Source: Peter Falk, 'Who Was Who in American Art'."
There are not many engravings of Parson's work available. At 35"x24",
your engraving is much smaller than the original.
My research indicates that your 35 x 24" signed 1913 engraving has a retail art gallery value range of $800-950 assuming excellent condition.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris