rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I inherited some antique bedroom furniture and I'm

Customer Question

Hi, I inherited some antique bedroom furniture and I'm curious to know what the value of it would be. I have pictures but I don't know how to download them to the site, is there a way to send pictures for you to view? Thank you, ***** *****

Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. Could you inspect the furniture to try to locate a manufacturers mark or label? Also, could you upload a picture of any metallic nail that you could find or any other metallic piece?-this will be useful to date the furniture. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I took a picture of some hinges and a screw..how do I attach the picture? Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thanks for your reply, Metal parts of furniture are clear indicators of the age of the furniture. In your case, the screw is clearly not hand forged, it's made of iron, most likely casted iron. They were manufacturer using a machine-forging method and therefore do not show the hammer marks and natural forged finish of the hand-wrought hardware. With this information, we can ate the furniture as being manufacturer in 1950-1960s. Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.The value will be in the range of 650-1,000$ for the bed and 150-250$ for the night stand. Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have several more pieces in the set I wanted to get estimates on. Downloading new pictures seems to not go as easily as your instructions give. I'm working on taking more pictures and getting them sent in to try to get a full value of this huge bedroom set I have and any more information about when and where it was made. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I have more pictures to send regarding the antique bedroom set that I'd like to get a value on and I was told by my step dad before he died that it was antique furniture he was leaving me so nineteen fifties to nineteen sixties doesn't really sound accurate