Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a wood carving of what I believe is a Spanish gentleman.

Customer Question

I have a wood carving of what I believe is a Spanish gentleman. It is of the face, hat, and neck ruff. He has large round pendulous type earings. The side of his nostrils appear to have been notched. I have searched for a mark or signature but can't find anything.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nora;

Can I email the photos to *****@******.*** answer.com

Or to another email address?

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nora;

I have just emailed you six photos of the carving via XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please continue responding to this email address.

Madeleine XXXXXX

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Madeleine, Thank you for the heads-up on emailing images. I will certainly let you know when they have arrived to me. In the meantime, be on the look-out for a confirmation email from customer service confirming they have received your images and will forward to me. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nora;

Did you get the photos I sent?

Madeleine Bellmond

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
No, I have not yet received the images. Please note that photos sent my email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How long should I wait before I know if they arrived or not?

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Madeleine,
I have not yet received any images.
Please try emailing***@******.*** without photos attached to ask for help.
Or try attaching the photos here directly using the directions on this link:
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Madeleine,
Thank you for the image, it did attach here.
Please send more at your convenience.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Nora;

I sent you a cope other pictures, please let me know if you got them?

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Madeleine,
Yes, a second photo is attached here, thank you. However, I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am disappointed. I was hoping to receive some information, but hopefully another expert will know about the carving. Thank you for your help.