Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I found a framed piece of an engagement dress from Istanbul

Customer Question

I found a framed piece of an engagement dress from Istanbul that is supposedly 120-130 years old. The stamps on the back say:
ISTANBUL'DAN NISANLIK PARCASI
120-130 YILLIK (YAKLASIK 1875
CESNI
TURK ELSANATLARI TURKISH HANDICRAFT
I was just wondering if your could tell me if it is worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
What size is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I am having trouble navigating. The frame is 9X12 and fabric is 7X3.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I will do some research on this and get back with you.
Glenda
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.
.
After researching Antique Framed Dresses, to include Wedding Gowns, I found that the Framed piece of an engagement dress from Istanbul has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $250.00-300.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online.
There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items.
There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.
There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this was free but I can't seem to access the answer to my question without giving a credit card number??
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I am sorry I am not an employee of the just answer site, the appraisers come to the site to answer questions that customers post on the site. So I cannot say what is going on with the money or you not being able to see my answer. You can contact them by clicking on the contact us at the bottom of this page or you can call 1(###) ###-####
The answer will be here after you talk to them.
Glenda
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello ***** just checking in to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help!"
If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you? I would be happy to address that. If not a rating would be greatly appreciated, since this is the only way we are compensated for answering questions, from the site.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda