Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Who manufactured porcelain using only the registration number

Customer Question

who manufactured porcelain using only the registration number Rd64638
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not very good at sending photos. I will try tomorrow. It is a tea set for 12. The cups are vertical with outward fluting; gold rim on top. There is a small flower with stem & leaf on the side of the cup. The saucer has the same outward fluting, with high sides & plain well with the same flower design. The tea plates & 2 serving plates have gold rims & outward fluting all around the out rim with a wide plain surface with the same flower in gold. The teapot, & sugar bowl cream pitcher & jam dish have vertical outward fluting with the gold flower on their sides. The Rd number is ***** in green rectangle on the inside of the lids & on their base. Rd 64638 seems to have started manufacture of this registered set some during 1887.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi , That is fine - send over images at your convenience. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again. Sincerely, Nora