Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a ***** ***** painting I believe is from Stuart

Customer Question

I have a ***** ***** painting I believe is from Stuart Gilbert any idea how much
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more photos.
A complete image of the back (do not remove from frame) and a clear in-focus a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
28 by 24
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting on answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is closeup
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
You have a vintage framed color printed reproduction of a famous painting by Stuart with texturized surface made to appear like an original painting. If you look closely at the image of the signature you provided for me, you will see a dot matrix pattern on the surface that is indicative of machine printing. It was common throughout the 20th century for publishers to print images of paintings and sell them as decorative wall art through decorator, furniture and framing shops.
On today's market, this could sell for a high of $40 - $60. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $100.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. The velvet tapestry question is still unrated, and I would really appreciate it if you could please leave a rating for my services.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora