Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two antique pieces of furniture that belonged

Customer Question

I have two antique pieces of furniture that belonged to my Father:
*Intricately carved, wooden and heavy, Throne like CHAIR, with Lion's Head, and other
lattice types of wavy carvings.
*Matching, Double-Desk, w/Lion's Head Carvings, Hidden Compartments.
I would like to sell these items. As I am new to the world of antiques and I am looking for an appraiser who can ~
1. Give me a good description of the time period built, the wood used, how I would best
describe the pieces.
2. What sites would you recommend I list the pieces for sale.
3. What is your estimated price, that I should ask for the pieces.
4. Lastly, how do I send you the photos, via an e-mail?
Thank-You for your help ~ CustomerGreer
P.S. I am assuming their is a fee for your service, but I need some clarification as to how that works?!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email***@******.***
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have added 9 pics of the "Partner" Desk.
I hope you can view them. If not, please let me know if I need to re-send.Thank you,
Laura Jaye Greer
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, again,
I meant to send these as well...Thanks,Laura Jaye Greer
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images - however I only assess one item or matched set per question here. The 3 items in the images are not a matching set.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Nora,
I have a couple of questions:
1. The desk, is a double desk, that has ONE top for the two desks, so I would assume, that, is one item? So that desk and the chair, would make two items, in total, correct? I do not understand how it is that I have three items.2. Are you able to give me an estimate on one item? In good faith, I gave you all my card yesterday, paid, $5 toward the potential monthly, membership. So far, our rapport and communication does not feel like it is very, congenial or professional.I did spend about the past 90 minutes, researching and downloading, how to send the photos to you, specifically. The person who was here helping me to do this, has left.3. Could you explain, a little further if the items that are "not a pair" are the desk and chair. And if they are not a pair, then I am hoping you can give me an appraisal for at least one of the two items.Thank you, ***** ***** time.CustomerGreer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm confused. The chair partner desk were purchased as a matching set.
Some of the desk pictures were taken as it was disassembled to show the construction.
Can you speak to either the desk or the chair, even if you cannot address them as a set?
Thank you,Lara Jaye Greer