Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 48" round oak pedestal table w/4 leaves and 8 chairs.

Customer Question

i have a 48" round oak pedestal table w/4 leaves and 8 chairs. I think the style is called 'schoolhouse' and the chairs have a brown "leather" seat cover and are labeled Northwest Chair Co. Tacoma WA.
The table top is an oak veneer and has a locking mechanism for the sliding opening to fit the leaves in.
I bought it in***** Louis MO and was told it was about 100 yrs old. I've seen the same style online looking up ideas on refinishing it.
It's looking kind of rough after raising kids and having dogs so I'm thinking about patching it maybe doing a gray paint wash on it. Any info about its history, value and whether painting it would diminish its value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora