How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2190
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two Robert Burns plates with markings of Rid C Ways

Customer Question

Hi I have two Robert Burns plates with markings of Rid C Ways England, his cottage at
Alloway and one of him as Robt. Burns born 25th Jan. 1759
Died July 21st. 1796. Am wondering what information you can give me. or where I can get an answer to look for it. Thanks . Rose Rae.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.Several porcelain companies made Robert Burns themed plates. In order to appraise yours, I will need to see an overall photo, and a close-up of any markings on the backs. You should be able to upload these from your computer using the paper clip icon in the toolbar above the response box. However, if that icon isn't appearing for you, let me know and I can give you other options.Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi my computer was down,I know the plate is a collectable & quite available. I just wanted to know what year
it was made. Was not able to send a photo. But thanks for your help.