Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have what appears to be a church choir pew bench with 4 stalls.

Customer Question

I have what appears to be a church choir pew bench with 4 stalls. Ornate carvings on all stall arms and the back is carved to look like a curtain. Looks like it could have been a misericord bench but the seats don't have a rest area when lifted up. This bench is very very heavy. Who can appraise this in Knoxville tn?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have it in a climate controlled storage unit. I will send pictures shortly. It is a very interesting piece. I believe it is very old and have not tried to restore it or clean it at all.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, That is fine - send over images at your convenience. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, I cannot get you pictures until this weekend. Is that ok?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Yes, anytime is fine. No rush. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again. Sincerely,Nora