Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I just brought home a rustic painting after my parents closed down the

Customer Question

I just brought home a rustic painting after my parents closed down their lake home. It's a painting of 4 hanging pickeral fish and the name Frank Airey is at the bottom right. Could I send you a photo and could you tell me something about it? Thanks, Karin
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would be easier to send the photos from my ipad mini. Wha email should I use?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** pics now
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Great
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the pics to the***@******.*** last night. Did you receive them? Thanks, Kairn
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the heads-up on emailing images.
I will certainly let you know when they have arrived to me.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you expect them today? If the admin is not working and won't be forwarding my email from last night with the photos, I'd be tempted to just cancel. What do you think?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I do not know when images will arrive to me; there is not a set time for such.
The decision is entirely up to you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I wasn't able to send the images directly to you. At this point I'd like to just cancel. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Karin
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Karin,
I will send your request to admin on your behalf, and I recommend you contact them from your end as well.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.
I will not be able to respond back after sending in your request.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.