P.A.A.S.
P.A.A.S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  President and lead autograph authenticator for P.A.A.S. Professional Autograph Authentication Services Inc.
74581232

How do I go about selling my extensive collection of sports

Customer Question

how do I go about selling my extensive collection of sports memorabilia from the late 40's thru the early 70's and focuses on the super stars, ie., Williams, Mantle, DiMaggio, Boudreau,Feller,Satchel Paige, and their team members.They have autographed their items, and certified their signings.I have few cards but numerous signed photos in various sizes. I have signed bats,balls and hats. Included is a scarce 1948 Cleveland Indians World Series black Bat in very good condition.I also have large framed color 16 x 20 action photos of Wilt Chamberlain , Bill Russel, Jerry West and Joe Montana.I have clean action statues of some of these great athletes.
Because we are downsizing our home, I find it necessary to part with these splendid remembrances. I would very much appreciate knowing how I could best market these items under my circumstances. Can you provide me with some direction in selling these items in a professional successfull manner. I am retired wiil be needing some funds in the future.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  P.A.A.S. replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a great sports memorabilia collection. The best way to sell these types of items these days is by auction. If you sell it yourself you will need to get the items examined and authenticated. A credible auction house will get the items authenticated and get you top dollar for the memorabilia. Vintage sports memorabilia is still very desirable.
I can recommend the top sports memorabilia auction houses and they would surely be interested in your consignment.
BIDAMI Sports Memorabilia Auctions.***-***-****
MEARS Auctions(###) ###-####
Lelands.com 1-***-***-****
SCP Auctions,(###) ###-####
Thank you and if any additional information is needed please just ask for me.
Michael Frost