Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

Judy, Im trying to find out information Album case, Patented December 17, 1915 by

Customer Question

Hi Judy, Im trying to find out information for a Album case, Patented December 17, 1915 by Victor Talking Machine Company, NY USA that contains 10 double sided 10in albums. here are the numbers for a few albums, all double sided with A-B .... Cross the Great Divide, When the Maple Leaves Were Failing 17545, if you only had my disposition/im simply crazy over you 17912, ive been longing in my heart for you/the take the church bells 16290,
hail columbia/yankee doodle 16495, ... I still have 5 more listings, however, Im trying to find out what they are worth, before auctioning them off.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Albums present... double sided A-B
17545 a/b
17912 a/b
16495 a/b
16290 a/b
16495 a/b
16503 a/b
16398 a/b
16195 a/b
16061 a/b
17912 a/b
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.
I'm happy to help you with this.
Can you upload pictures of this item, please, with close-ups of any printed information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it will take a moment, sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry Im having issues downloading at this time. I will try again in a little while
Not to worry!
You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.
Thanks for the pictures.
Your album was produced prior to 1929, when the Victor Talking Machine Company became RCA Victor. In researching the song titles, I found that most were recorded around 1915.
If all the records and the album cover are in perfect condition, the current fair market (private sale or auction) value of this set is approximately $150.
I hope this answer has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.
You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.
Thank you so much!
I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.