Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

It appears I may have the original painting by Jennie Brownscombe

Customer Question

It appears I may have the original painting by Jennie Brownscombe Titled "Washington Returns to Mt. Vernon.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
24x36 including an 1 3/4" painted on tan color mat the words written very small on the tan - copyright published by C. Klackner 20 Old Bond St. Loundon & 7 West 28th St New York. The painting itself is 20 1/4" x 29 3/4". It appears to be on a thick paper type almost like paper mache or handmade paper feel. Both are in gold frames with what looks like gold gilding accents. It's under glass but without a normal mat, just the painted one. It has been raining heavy here. I don't want the painting to get damp from the humidity, so I will need to send the pictures later. I actually have two paintings by her. The other was never published, but copywrite by the same man, but on published. It is of George and Martha in a garden with two young ladies picking flowers. A Gardner is in the picture holding a 1/2 round machete type tool and a building in the background with what appears to be a guard pacing in front of it with a gun and three men on a bench. Could be a tavern?? George has on a golden sword.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I can provide some information and estimate of value based on your description. Or I can wait for images so the answer can be more definitive.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will send the pictures. Thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi , Great - send over images at your convenience. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again. Sincerely, Nora