Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 3 old pictures....identified with a note on the back

Customer Question

I have 3 old pictures....identified with a note on the back as follows:
"BRIDE BIRDS. Original painting on "rice -paper", done in China about 1790 by unknown artist, in Chinese watercolor. From a790 to about 1830 highly skilled Chinese artists were painting birds, flowers, butterflies and people on the fragile paper made from the juice of the hemlock called rice-paper probably because of the flaky whiteness. These paintings were bought by the English travelers and taken home to show what China was doing in art".
The pictures are about 12-1/2"W x 7" H. They are matted and framed for a total measure of 19"W x 13-1/2 H.
How happy it would make me if you could possibly give me an idea of the value of these pics.
I do believe the pictures are as authentic as the "note" indicates.
Thank you for your time.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora