Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have an old dresser and vanity set. The inside of the drawers

Customer Question

I have an old dresser and vanity set. The inside of the drawers there are 2 tags that read sligh and the other true grand rapids. Can someone help me know what i have and if its worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Your white painted dresser and vanity would have been produced in Grand Rapids, MI circa early 1930's. The set produced by the Sligh Furniture company has the marking of the Grand Rapids Furniture Makers Guild showing that the piece was truly made in Grand Rapids as opposed to any outside knock off.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
In the current market your vintage vanity would have a resale value of between 300-350USD and the dresser would value around 275-325USD in excellent condition.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your vintage Grand Rapids Furniture.Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Have a great holiday weekend