Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

Appraisal of books, "World's Best Orations", testimonial

Customer Question

Appraisal for set of books, "World's Best Orations", testimonial set.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with this question. Can you tell me the year of publication, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This set of 10 books was published in 1899 by Ferd P Kaiser
Thank you! You have an early set.
These books were originally published in 1890, and were reprinted many times.
If all ten of your books are in excellent condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your set is approximately $250. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of 40% of the retail amount, or approximately $100, depending on location and actual condition.
I hope this answer has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.
You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.
Thank you so much!
I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.