AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have a Colonial Mfg. Co from Zeeland, Michigan clock, I think

Customer Question

I have a Colonial Mfg. Co from Zeeland, Michigan clock, I think it's a grandmother's clock. It is in decent shape, but needs cleaning. Has all parts but not working right now. Inspection card says August 1920. Imported Westchester rod chime movement. I am trying to ascertain it's value as I'd like to sell it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.Unfortunately, nowadays I am often in the position of telling people that their lovely large clocks don't carry the value they used to. As decorating tastes have changed, people currently have less desire, and room, for these large clocks. Additionally, because they can't easily be shipped, you are limited to a very local market--which also keeps values on the lower end.Given that the clock is not working, resale would be estimated in the range of $400-$600, depending on your local market and economy. Please let me know if I can help further.Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If it was repaired what would that do to the value? Do you know what that might cost?
My apologies for the delay. If repaired, the clock would only go up another $200-$300 in value--basically, it would go up by the cost of the repair, not much more.Jennifer