Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have a beautiful large tray marked 1309 trademark TORONTO

Customer Question

I have a beautiful large tray marked 1309 trademark TORONTO S.P. COMPANY , quadruple plate. I was wondering if you could tell me the year it was made and the value of this piece. Thank you so much for taking my question.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. The Toronto Silver Plate Company was founded and incorporated in 1882 by James A. Watts who had earlier been a sales representative for the Meriden Britannia Company of Hamilton, Ontario. They were the first company in Canada to manufacture silver plated products from their factory situated at 570, King Street West. With that code, the piece dates around 1889. It is silver plate, not sterling, and most pieces in nice condition overall retail around $75-125 with collectors. If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.Have a blessed day!With kind regards,Steve