rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have some antiques I would like to sell (not on ebay or craigslist).

Customer Question

I have some antiques I would like to sell (not on ebay or craigslist). Will a dealer come to my home and give me some prices?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,We do appraisals through the internet only. The best way to get a 'free' appraisal is to find an auction house near you and tell them that you have a house full of items you are thinking of consigning and that you need a house call. They will come and give you ideas of what you have and what would do well in an auction (prices to expect, etc). You can then decide whether or not to consign. They do not charge for coming. If you consign items, they take a 10 to 20% commission before they write you the check between 14 to 45 days after their auction.