Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a signed ***** ***** "Ephraim Winter" this print

Customer Question

I have a signed ***** ***** "Ephraim Winter" this print is not numbered but next to the mane on the lower left hand corner is a small pencil drawn(by ***** *****) set of horse carriage parts. There were only 850 signed and numbered prints of this watercolor. My question is because it does not have a number what is the value.Iam only able to up load one photo please advise how to give you more photos so that you can see the pencil drawing on the left corner and give me a more realastic evaluation of the value of the print.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send additional photos.

You can use the paper clip found in the toolbar in your reply box.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or if you prefer, you can use the free internet photo site imgur.com

I look forward to seeing your photos.

Kind regards, Doris.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no icons to send a photo to you in this reply box.
I am working off an iPad and this reply box is giving me no options to send additional photos please help
Lyn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called support and they have emailed you the photos.
Thank you so much for taking the initiative. I was ging to have to explain the process of emailing.
Emailed photos take a while to get to me. They must first go the support then are emailed to me.
I will contact you when I receive them.
What are the dimensions of your print?
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doris,
The actual print is 26''W X 19" H
framed and Matte total is 30"w X 24" H
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me directly on my cell at(###) ###-####
Thank you ,
Lyn
It is highly likely that your print is an "artist's proof." These were done at the beginning of the printing process to perfect the print.
There are several "Ephraim Winter" prints currently on eBay. There is one artist proof but it is numbered. Sometimes artist's proofs are not numbered.
The one on eBay has a "Buy It Now" price of $1900; but, as I said, it is numbered.
My experience and the results of my research indicates that your artist's proof with its extra small drawing also has a retail value of $1900.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris