Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a desk it is 3pcs the top is 1pc 25"wide it has 1large

Customer Question

I have a desk it is 3pcs the top is 1pc 25"wide it has 1large mirror and 2very small mirrors on each side. It has grapes carved at the top and the bottom of the first piece. the middle piece has one large middle drawer and two small drawers all lock. The bottom has three drawers on each side with locks. Has place to put your feet. It has ball and claw feet. It has no nails or screws only wood peeps. Can you please help me to get a estment on value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the piece you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTNCustomerin the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frank here are the pics you requested. Please let me know if anything else is needed. Charlie
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hey Charlie,Thanks for sending over those photos. Did you see any maker's names or marks on the piece? Possibly in the drawers? Thanks,Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Frank I can not find a blatant signature or mark. But may not really know what I am looking for.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your patience. After digging into some Fourth of July research I was able to prepare your evaluation.
Your sideboard would have been produced circa 1870-1880 from the photos the piece looks to be walnut with a mahogany stain. The upper portion of the piece has a carved crest with what appears to be a beveled mirror. The upper portion has a shallow shelf over two small drawers with carved vine decoration. There are 2 candle holder platforms above the small mirrors.
There appears to be a mottled marble top. In excellent condition you would be looking at a resale value of 1800-2200. In a retail antique shop the piece would be closer to 2800-3200USD in excellent condition.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Best of luck with your antique sideboard.
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.