Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a piece of I think vintage Chinese embroidery that measures

Customer Question

I have a piece of I think vintage Chinese embroidery that measures 10" X 12 " done in silk thread on a black net type material. I think that it is Chinese because it has a border, gold diagonal (tilted) stripes 2 1/4 " tall across the bottom. A golden bird with a blue eye and beautifully done is in the middle. The bird is looking back across his back. He has long legs and a rather large beak. A red ball (sun) is to the left of his head. Swirls of blue and brown fill up the picture. I am curious about this piece and would like to frame it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, I appreciate your time but I need an e-mail address to send the photo. You are not dealing with an expert photo taker
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora