Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a painting of a show dog signed Mignon Roscher 1961.

Customer Question

I have a painting of a show dog signed Mignon Roscher 1961. Can you tell me anything about the painting, artist, value etc.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today.
Artist Bio
Mignonette Roscher Gardner
Mignon's father, Frederick Roscher, recognizing that she had amazing talent at a very young age, taught Mignon how to draw and paint, and encouraged her to study the magnificent paintings in the world's finest museums.
A man of great knowledge, Frederick Roscher studied at some of the foremost art academies in Europe, such as:
München Malschule and Royal Academy, Munich, Germany
Academia delle Belle Arte, Florence, Italy
Sorbonne, Paris, France.
Mignon began painting professionally in 1959 specializing in portraits of race horses, show horses, and show dogs. In 1962 she painted an oil portrait of her mother that influenced her to become a portraitist. Since then, she has painted the portraits of:
President John F. Kennedy
Princess Grace of Monaco
Oscar Hammerstein
Baseball great Dick Williams
Former president of the Philadelphia Art Museum, Philip Berman
International society
Clergy
Corporate Executives
Leaders in the World of Art
Her paintings hang in museums, churches, universities, galleries, corporate headquarters and private homes throughout the United States and Europe.
Mignon's work not only captures astonishing likeness, but the true souls of her subjects. Art critics call Mignon one of today's premier children's portraitists. Her watercolors and oils depicting wildlife, sporting scenes, dogs, horses, and seascapes are also very popular.
Her website is www.artistmignon.com
Your painting would sell for $300-500 at auction and insurance value is $1000.
Thank you,