Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

A pair of amazingly ornate, hand painted porcelain 19th C.

Customer Question

A pair of amazingly ornate, hand painted porcelain 19th C. vases. One has Lida pouring water or wine from a large ampulla with a large swan with spread wings looking on. The other has Bacchus pouring wine with a large swan, as well. Each is 15" tall by 7" wide at the base. My 85 year old friend inherited them from her great grandmother. Each is stamped "PL" into the porcelain. The Bacchus vase had been repaired, it is clear. The Lida vase has what appears to be a very old and minor crack on the inside of the base where the PL mark is also found. I have never seen anything like them before, and I am nearly 70 years old!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark and a view of the backsides and undersides of each.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I received one image of the vases that were forwarded to me.
I will really need to see clear in-focus detail images of these (faces especially) as well as a close-up of the mark you found on them.
Please send at your convenience.
Sincerely,
Nora