AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

Guys... A few months ago I purchased an tumi from

Customer Question

Hi guys...
A few months ago I purchased an Peruvian tumi from an antique dealer who knew absolutely nothing about the item...
Ok this piece is pretty neat, it's made with 1 piece of a shinny polished green stone, weighs jut over 2 kilos, amazing designs and symbols, there are about 15 small holes which seems like a housing for gems. That all I know about it. If I could upload a few pics for you guys, that would be great.
Thank you
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you could tell me if it's authentic and give me a rough valuation, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.From the photo provided, this would be a fairly contemporary piece, made for the decorative or resale market. It does not appear to have much age, and the materials would not be consistent with an antique or authentic tuni. Also, the style--two stacked heads rather than a head on a body--are not traditional for the tuni. What they did was take a traditional "beheader" figure, typically a figure holding a decapited head in one hand and a tumi in the other, and turn it into a tumi itself. Basically a modern artistic interpretation.The value would be around $100.Please let me know how i can help further.Sincerely,Jennifer
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,
I see that you have not yet rated this response, which means I do not get credit for assisting you.
How can I help you further? Is there additional information you need?
Jennifer
Good morning,
It is very difficult for Experts at JustAnswer to continue to help customers like yourself, without being credited for our work.
I would appreciate your rating.
Sincerely,
Jennifer