rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Sheffield pitcher l..s. co. 1222 cross crown bell

Customer Question

Sheffield pitcher l.b.s. co. 1222 cross crown bell
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish I had known about photo to get som semblance of a reply. Your comeon leaves me doubtful.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
In order to properly assess an item, as an appraiser, it is quite necessary to actually see the item.
However, at this juncture, I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,This is not a Sheffield pitcher, but an American silverplate pitcher made by Lawrence B. Smith and Co of Boston, Massachusetts . This piece is pattern number 1222 and was made in the 1920's. This piece has a value of $20.00 to $30.00.