Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have antiques that were shipped here to the U.S. from England/Wales

Customer Question

I have antiques that were shipped here to the U.S. from England/Wales to my Mother back in the 1960's. I have them packed away at the moment due to moving residences but, they are very old and in mint condition. They include (to name a few) tea pot sets, vases, a couple oil paintings and pieces from India form the 18 or 1700's. Many of the things belonged to my great, great Grandmother. I also have a complete set of Charles Dickens's books, I think 19 books, perfect condition although there is not a foreword or where they were published. They have sat on book shelves for at least 45 years and those too were shipped over from England in a huge crate from my Auntie. There are a few other things, I just can't recall them all until I look through my trunk and storage bins. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to look closer at them to give you a better idea of what I have exactly. I'm only looking for a bit of direction from you as to if I should make an effort with items such as this, which seems to be very old and in such good condition. Thank you so much. Susan.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Susan,
It is best to look at these items more close and to photograph them so that you can start the process of getting them evaluated for value.
When will you have access to these items?
~Nora