Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have some antique silve pieces. I like to know about them.

Customer Question

I have some antique silve pieces. I like to know about them. They have been in my family for many years
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,We do one item per question to keep things organized. I see that your first item is an a stein. Please add a photo of the marks on the bottom so that I can determine if it is silver/silverplate and when it was made. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe it is plated. No marking on the stein

However I have another piece not sure if it was part of a set. It has SMITH on the bottom in printed.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
It is important for me to see the mark on this piece. There are visual clues in the way it is printed, the type style used, etc.I can only do one piece per question or it gets too confusing with the back and forth. I will do the the SMITH piece if you can add pics of the mark.