Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I am going to the Antiques Roadshow tomorrow in Omaha. If

Customer Question

I am going to the Antiques Roadshow tomorrow in Omaha. If my collection is from 1974 is it too new to bring?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
What is your collection?
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1974 the full set of 5 Leroy Neiman "sketches" ??? of Nebraska football made and signed by Leroy Neiman and coach Bob Devaney. I don't want to lug the collection down there tomorrow if they are too "new " to consider for the show.
Several years ago, people at the Antiques Roadshow event that I attended had all sorts of items to be assessed. There did not seem to be any fixed rules about what age item to bring.
Still "antiques" are usually considered to be items over 100 years old.
Again, I saw all types/ages of items.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty or site charges - both are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok if you were going to the Antiques Roadshow tomorrow, would you bring the collection of 5 big Leroy Neimans or one sheet of uncut $2 bills with both Bill Gates and Warren Buffets signature?
I would take the one sheet of uncut $2 bills with Bill Gates and Warren Buffets signatures.
I did see that they take more than one like collection per person. That is, one person cannot bring more than one set of similar items.
If you want to take your Leroy Neimans, bring another person with you that can get that collection appraised.
Kind regards,
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Did you enjoy the Antiques Roadshow?
Let me know,
Doris