rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have been offered 18 pieces of Japanese luster ware. There

Customer Question

I have been offered 18 pieces of Japanese luster ware. There is a teapot, creamer, sugar bowl, 4 cups and saucers, and 5 plates. All is marked with TT except the cups. The pieces are painted mainly blue with predominant bluebird on the front. Not sure if I should buy. Comments from you would be appreciated. TIA. I have a photograph but can't figure out how to show you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a Takito ware lustre tea set made in Japan in the 1930's. The value is not high on these sets. You can buy a whole set like this on Ebay for under 30.00, so I guess you would weight that price against what this person is asking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Guess I won't be buying it.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Okay, glad I could help.Lets have you close this question by clicking the stars for me.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Let's close this question by having you click the stars. If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'forCustomer so that you could get me again.