rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Sometime ago I had an Antique Store which ended up at my house

Customer Question

Sometime ago I had an Antique Store which ended up at my house when I closed shop. I have a wide variety from bronzes, clocks, vases, dishes. I would like to sell it as one lot since I am retiring and moving. My question is, what is the best venue for this endeavor?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
The best thing to do in your case is to contact an antiques auction that also has an online presence (invaluable.com and/or liveauctioneers.com). You can go on either of these websites and do searches by zip code, region so that you could find one nearest to you (pick the largest city near you for best prices at auction) . Once you find a local auction, you call them and say that you have a house full and need a house call. They will come to you and let you know what will do well in their auction. If you consign, they will take it away for you and handle everything. This will cost a 10-20% commission off of the check that they would send you 14 to 45 days after the auction.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Let's close this question by having you click the stars. If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.