Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have many drawings from lewis d. Johnson, I believe most

Customer Question

I have many drawings from lewis d. Johnson, I believe most are pencil or charcoal ( I am not an artist so I am not sure). He was married to my great great aunt Neva. I know he trained in France and other parts of Europe. He traveled with the Wild West Show and I have a drawing that is of Kit Carson's gun which is apparently what he used to draw another picture as it has writings on it as though he used it to draw another one. He also did the cover of a book about the horse, Seabiscuit by B.K. Beckwith (which i have). There was a watercolor on ebay which I contacted the seller and she said she bought it in new jersey. Also a man contacted me and said his grandfather had worked for the Wild West Show as a transporter and acquired a drawing of Johnsons and with it the signature of Wild Bill Cody.Born in New York on August 14, 1866. By 1925 Johnson had settled in Pasadena where he was in the art department of the Star News for many years. He died there on August 5, 1942.
I realize that it is difficult to put a price on these items, but wonder if there could be any value or interest in these?
Thanks,
Sandy XXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora