Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique Radio think it is an RCA would like to

Customer Question

I have an antique Radio think it is an RCA would like to know more about it, Year, Model #
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Without the information off the radio there is no way to know who made this , when or where. Did you open it to see what names are ***** *****?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is why I need an antique radio expert, if I had the piece all I would need to do is read it on the piece, I know it's from the late 40's and I also know that a radio expert would recognize it just by looking at it?
So, can you help me or should I re-write the question requesting an antique radio specialist?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
We are all radio appraisers, there is not expert that is radio only. There are hundreds of Radio's from that era that look very much a like, without the information from the inside, there is no way to know by looking who made the radio. These Radio designs were copied by just about every company that made Radio's. You can find RCA, General Electric, and more that look just alike, until you look up the specs and information on the inside.
I am sorry it is not possible to just look at a picture and know who made it.
Glenda