Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Several years ago I brought a large hanging tiffany style lamp

Customer Question

Several years ago I brought a large hanging tiffany style lamp to the roadshow in Las Vegas to be appraised. The lamp had been purchased in1904 by a great aunt at the worlds fair in St. Louis. She willed the lamp to me in 1969. Now I want to sell the lamp. I took it to the Clars auction house in Oakland. The gentleman who appraised it at roadshow had opened a book that had a drawing of my lamp. He said it was made by the Bent glass co. in Connecticut. Clars has contacted me and said that they want more information about the lamp to verify its origin before they sell it. I received information from a gentleman who sells Tiffany lamps in Peoria Illinois that the book it might be found in is Paul Crist mosaic shades ii. I was hoping you might know if that might have been the reference you used. I understand that the Paul Crist book is very expensive and I cannot find one in a library. Any information you could give would be much appreciated. Thank you so much---Jody Newton
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
This is not the Antique Roadshow, you must have clicked on the Ask a Question box, on their page. That was not to the Antique Road Show, that got you here, which is an online appraisal site. You will need to go back to their page, and click on Contact Us, it is on their page at the bottom or the very top.
Glenda