Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Portrait of a woman signed on verso with the (large)

Customer Question

I have a Portrait of a woman signed on verso with the (large) monogram "PC" overlapping inside a dimond. Monogram & diamond is boldly two-toned in red and black. Image is of a nude standing on a dock against railing (ocen in background) wearing a large sun hat & towel. Predominate blues... based on style, colors, streacher construction etc... an estimated age is between 1905 & 1920. I have corresponded with the worlds foremost expert on Paul Cezanne who says it is not one of his later works. Style is indicative of a European origin, most likely French. I am offoring a 5% commission based/due upon indentification and consequent selliing at a major art auction company. Cell #(###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Please add a photo of the portrait and of the signature. A picture of the back of the painting and of any notations, labels or canvas maker. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put FORCustomerIN ANTIQUES in thesubject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This method takes a bit longer, so thank you in advancefor some patience.