rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Japanese figurine that stands 12" and is of a older

Customer Question

I have a Japanese figurine that stands 12" and is of a older man dressed in a beautiful robe... I believe my father brought it home from the war and gave it to my grandmother. It has been in the family ever since. Do you have somewhere I can send you a pic so you can see him?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a Japanese Kutani moriage figurine that represents one of the seven Gods of Fortune/Immortals/Shichi Fukujin. This one is Fukurokuju, the God of happiness, wealth and longevity. This was made in the 1930's.Moriage is a special type of raised decoration used on some Japanese pottery. The clay was squeezed from a tube in the way we apply cake frosting. Moriage pieces were often unmarked and were known for their highly stylized decorations and gilding.This figurine has a value of 80.00 to 100.00 us dollars.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick response , I had no idea of the value of this piece, it has been sitting on a shelf in my moms house for my whole life. And thank you for its background, again I had no clue.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
You are so welcome.Let's close this question by having you click the stars. If you'd like to assess anything else, start a new question and put 'forCustomeramp;#39; so that you could get me again.