Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Frank, in 1956, i purchased a complete rosenthal dinner

Customer Question

Hi Frank, in 1956, i purchased a complete rosenthal dinner set bettina paris spring ivory background, 12 full place settings plus soup bowls, salad plates, desert plates, large round and oval platter, large serving dishes and soup terrine, and candle holder.
Then, also in bettina paris spring with white background , a coffee service for 12 people with coffee can, Tea pot, sugarbowl and creamer, a full set also. Between the two sets, only the lid to the soup terrine is missing..everything is in perfect condition,, the china may have been used partialy. Three times in all.
It is so very beautiful, please give me an answer if you can frank. I appriciate your effort.
Kind regards, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your request. The first set of the Bettina Paris with Spring Ivory background including place settings for 12 with additional serving pieces would have a replacement value of(###) ###-####SD.The Bettina Paris coffee/tea service with white background would have a replacement value of 450-550USD. These values are for the china in excellent condition, any cracks, chips or discoloration would detract from the int age Rosenthal china. If yo were to attempt to resell the sets yourself, a fair market or resale value would be closer to 40-60% of the replacement values presented. I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your vintage china sets.Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,Frank Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.