rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have two original oil engraving prints. Selling in estate

Customer Question

I have two original oil engraving prints. Selling in estate sale and need value. Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,These are steel engraved hand colored prints (this is no art term called original oil engraving) originally drawn by Thomas Allom (London 1832-1835) and printed by Westmoreland, Cumberland Durham and Northumberland Illustrated. It is a steel line engraving on paper then colored on top of that. This was not printed in 1832, but in the 1840's. These are scenes of England. The value is 50.00 us dollars each.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Let's close this question by having you click the stars. If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'forCustomer so that you could get me again.