Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I bought 2 very rare cognac bottles in 1976 in Germany. They

Customer Question

I bought 2 very rare cognac bottles in 1976 in Germany. They were available to me through the army. The shape of the bottles and a very limited amount ever made, This is what I was told when I bought them. One has not been opened it has 3 inches of cognac in it, this is the same it had when I bought it. The cork is slightly pushed down. The front label has some of the original label still readable
The other bottle has been opened. There is very little of the label to see.
They have been stored upright in a dark cool place.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can wait for the reply in 1 day.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a month ago I sent info and pictures of two cognac bottles I bought in 1976 In Germany. I was told there was a limited amount made and the shape of the bottle is very rare. I looked online and they were shown as very rare. One is empty the other one has the original cork, it has been slightly pressed down but there is still three inches of the original cognac as it had when I bought it. They have been stored in an upright position in a cool and dry place. There is no chips or cracks. Part of the original label is visible I also have the labels that were made to match the original labels.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please send images at your convenience. ~Nora