Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My boyfriend would like to sell his antique furniture inherited

Customer Question

My boyfriend would like to sell his antique furniture inherited from his grandmother who lived north of Spain and is approximately 100 years old. The bedroom suite has on the bed's headboard a coat of arms; quartered with a closed helmet above the cost of arms and what appears to be a large Fleur de lis beneath the coat of arms. There are horizontal stripes on the bottom left hand quarter of the coat of arms. And I can't make out from the pic what the other 3/4 carvings are.
The bedroom suite is made of carved wood and is in. excellent condition and is at his mothers home in Mexico. His aunt has been offered €200,000 for the dining suite from the same era. I t may have been from the era of King Alfonso XIII of Spain
My boyfriend thinks it may have been handcrafted and is a replica of the kings bed of that era.
I have some pics and can get more as he is visiting Mexico now and the set has several pieces. He is wondering the worth and how to go about selling it.
Thanks
Gail
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora