Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I just purchased a porcelain serving platter from a street

Customer Question

I just purchased a porcelain serving platter from a street fair in Portugal. The only marking I can find is a signature H. Weil and has a #1.1900. The platter is hand painted with 4 cherubs in the forest, playing instruments. {Flute, Violin, Guitar , and horns} It has a scalloped edge in burgundy with gold outer ring and lines. The size is approximately 15" X 11". I can send you a photo upon request.
I would love to know the value if possible.
My email is***@******.*** and my phone # ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos of the backside and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora